Demand for liquid detergent is increasing.
Liquid laundry detergent is manufactured using several raw materials such as water softeners, bleach and various enzymes among others.
Higher demand is driven by ease in application and less wastage as compared to detergent powders. On account of which, liquid laundry detergent are gaining acceptance and substituting the traditional detergent powders and soaps.
Market research analysts at Technavio predict that the global liquid detergent market will grow steadily during the next four years and post a CAGR of more than 8% by 2021.
People may or may not use liquid detergents for an entirely different set of reasons:
- The detergent is already pre-dissolved.
- You can pre-treat stains by pouring it directly onto clothes.
Liquid detergents can bring us different solutions with the help of enzymes:
1. General wash (for all the cloths in a family- No need to sort and wash all with one product)
2. Black wash (for dark cloths- as the stain removal is not much important for dark cloths, fabric and color care will be the main claim and cellulase can help in this regard)
3. White wash (mostly use for bed sheets and curtains-usually contain bleach and enzymes for more stain removal and whiteness)
4. Color wash (It is common when the consumers separate cloths based on the color before doing laundry-it usually contains color care enzymes (cellulase) and some other ingredients which avoid dye transfer)
5. Baby wash (should contain Pectate Lyase for fruit and juice stains)